Philosophy of RCCS
The following philosophies determine Redeemer Classical Christian School’s purpose:
- We believe that the Bible clearly instructs parents, not the State, to bring children up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Ephes. 6:4). Our program is a cooperative program in which all parents/guardians are required to participate. We seek to teach and discipline in a manner consistent with the Bible and a Godly home environment.
- God’s character is revealed not only in His Word, but also in every facet of His creation (Ps. 19:1-2). As we increase in knowledge of His works, we teach that all knowledge is interrelated, and can instruct us about God Himself (2 Corinthians 10:5).
- God wants us to love Him with our minds, as well as with our hearts, souls, and strength (Deut. 6:5; Matthew 22:37). Therefore, we seek to individually challenge children at all levels, and teach them how to be learners for life, rather than emphasizing limited perfunctory outcome-based performance.
- We want to help parents teach their children that all they do should be done heartily, as unto the Lord (Col.3:23). Therefore, we seek to encourage quality academic work and maintain high standards of conduct. This includes Biblical discipline principles.
- We believe that as long as a child is under the parents’ authority and is undergoing formal education, he or she should be trained Biblically (Deuteronomy 6:6, 7; Proverbs 22:6). Therefore, we have a full Pre-K through 12th grade program that teaches a student from a Biblical worldview.
- Every child reflects the image of God. Therefore, at RCCS, every student, at every stage of his or her development, will be loved with Christ’s love. To meet children at their developmental level of learning we employ the Classical model of education. It is a time-tested and proven method of instruction that has the potential for an exponential return of investment in that it teaches students to be life-long learners who are able to engage and impact their world. We believe this is their God-given destiny (Matt. 28:18-20).
Free eBook Download
Learn why parents just like you are pursuing a classical Christian education for their children, and how this is transforming students into future leaders.
CONTACT US BY PHONE
OFFICE HOURS: 8AM TO 6PM
Redeemer Classical Christian School
6415 Mt. Vista Road
Kingsville, MD 21087